Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Formula 1 is coming to Austin!



Formula 1 racing is coming to Austin, and I, for one, am psyched!

Of course, the form of racing hasn't really attained the proper popularity in the United States yet, which doesn't surprise me as the driver's seem to do more than simply turn left every few hundred yards.

I jest.  Surely the NASCAR drivers have a bit more going for them than simple left turns, right?  



Honestly, I know nothing about cars or car racing.  I have fond memories of watching Formula 1 while Michael Schumacher was the top paid athlete in the world and driving for Ferrari.  After a quick search, it turns out that he retired into an advisory role before taking up driving for Mercedes since 2010 (Note:  Read more about this later).  



I don't know what the allure is.  I'm not one of the typical "car guys" in that I drive one of the most economical, gas-saving car I could find.  I don't necessarily want to go fast.  Maybe it's the extreme feat of engineering each one of these cars actually is.  Just a simple F1 steering wheel contains more technology than I could handle while driving.  Knowing me, it would be that the races are something that is popular everywhere else in the world except for here.  It could be that I know nothing about the races other than the most basic of information.  

Surely tickets will hit the market for Austin's US Grand Prix soon.  I'll be waiting in line eagerly, looking to get my first taste of live racing action (that isn't on a dirt track).

No comments:

Post a Comment