Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"On the Road" trailer shows promise


Although I was originally extremely skeptical, I believe that "On the Road" is showing a lot of potential to be a fantastic (or at least average, which is more than I hoped for) film.

Of course, I'm quick to admit that most of my previous criticism of the film is the fact that Kristen Stewart was set to play the role of Marylou.  Of course, her often dry performances receive criticism from most fans of film.

Additionally, the novel upon which it's based is going to be quite hard to pull off on the big screen.  The prose of the novel is going to make it quite difficult.  The director, Walter Salles, has pulled it off before with "The Motorcycle Diaries," so it can be done.

I'm going to be watching.  The trailer below finally got me at least the little bit excited about the new film.




No comments:

Post a Comment