Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BestofNetflix: Chinatown


I like rating and talking about movies.  It's unexplainable why, but it's something that I've done for a long time.  However, there are few that get a full five stars from me, as I consider it nearly impossible to make a perfect film.  I was delighted to see that one of those films, Chinatown, has been made available on Netflix.


For those who have never heard of this masterpiece, let me fill you in.  Jack Nicholson stars as Jake Gittes, a private investigator who is set up by someone impersonating the wife of an important engineer for the Department of Water and Power for the city of Los Angeles.  I'm vague because, if you haven't seen this movie before, one shouldn't know too much of the plot.


I consider Chinatown to be one of the greatest examples of acting, directing, and screenwriting ever committed to film.  There are plenty of plot twists, interesting characters, and true intrigue.  All of which are elements missing from any number of movies following the 1970s.

Honestly, give this one a try.  Of the many people I've recommended Chinatown to, few have ever said they didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment