Friday, January 18, 2013

IDW does it right in regards to the Ghostbusters

Image from the "New" Ghostbusters


In my absence from reading comics, a new company was started.  I know literally nothing about them at this point other than that IDW Publishing seem to create comics from any number of licensed properties.  My introduction is through their Ghostbusters title.

Despite them doing a Doctor Who comic, anything Ghostbusters I'm going to gravitate toward first.  After reading the first three issues, I'm feeling no disappointment.

Let me throw a little bit of the story out there.  Gozer has returned.  That says enough right there.  Of course I don't want to spoil it too much, but so far the story is revolving around a third traveler, a potential lawsuit by the Stay Puft marshmallow company, the return of Walter Peck, and a kidnapped Ray Stanz.



When I was younger, most licensed comics were quite obviously done for children.  The characters are drawn in a cartoonish way, but the ghosts are truly magnificent.  It is also good to see that these books are done for what is an obvious adult demographic.  Most children don't even know who the Ghostbusters are at this point, right?



After reading through these issues, I'm going after the "New" Ghostbusters.  As I've said before, I know nothing of the story, but if I enjoy it half as much as I have seeing the further adventures of Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston there won't be much disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment